Tuesday, November 3, 2009

grace's marketplace: BUBBIES!

*
everytime i go to visit my brothers in hawaii, i always make the younger of my brothers drive me to bubbies ice cream parlour. why? for the best mochi ice cream you will ever eat in your life. repeat: ever. this my friends, is bubbies.

in hawaii, price points are $10/dozen mochi. not un-reasonable. prices online are a totally different story. for example, $55/16 pieces of mochi (equivalent to $41.25/dozen). ri-di-cu-lous, i know. this was the reason i only could eat bubbies when visiting my brothers.

recently, this predicament changed. guess what i found during my last foray to grace's marketplace?


i nearly dropped to the floor with giddy-ness. these packages have 8 pieces of mochi retailing for $10 (equivalent to $15/dozen). still not equivalent to buying from the parlour in hawaii, but certainly a far cry from the insane online price.
i was also impressed that they had 2 of the goodie flavours (and not something boring like vanilla or chocolate). the lychee flavour is, by far, my favourite and guava is pretty tastey, too.

bubbies mochi ice cream guava.

bubbies mochi ice cream lychee.


i don't care if winter is just around the corner...these little things are going to become regulars in my freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment